Skip to main content

Food, Fun and Facebook

To a casual tourist, Disneyland is host to wonderful food venues, attractions, shows, and other entertainment. But for those of us that return multiple times a year, the season you go can make a difference in the park you experience. During the recent Summer months, Disneyland California Adventure celebrated Pixarfest, the park changed its menus, nighttime parade and added other limited-time merchandise to join the festivities. I want to focus in on the Food in this post, because it is oh so good, and the seasonal food is so limited that you won't want to miss it. Each year, the food changes, meaning that where something was last year, may not reappear this year, or not at the same place. Planning your trip is essential, then, to experiencing it all.

My family and I recently went for Halloween, which is a special time filled with all kinds of spooky twists. We needed to pack a lot of adventure into a few short days, one of which being the "Halloween Party" which is nothing but exclusive events in a short 4 hour window. The kids (and us grown ups) had a wonderful time, but also got to experience EVERYTHING we wanted to do. Trust me, this is no easy feat, dragging two preschoolers through miles and miles spread over two parks -and in just 35 hours of park operating time.  How? Easy, Social Media?

You see, there are annual passholders, Disneyfanatics like myself, even potentially castmembers or previous employees, who are out there willing to help share their tips and tricks. Social Media allows me to reach their help through their Blog posts and Facebook. As far as the seasonal food goes, even Instagram hashtags are vital: I don't want to walk out of my way, to visit a food stand that boasts a "seasonal hotdog" only to find it's been covered in something my kids won't eat and we wasted an hour of our day finding out. For almost every part of our trip, I am able to find blogs that tell us where these food items are, or stumble across a Top 10 list of foods for the season so I know which are rated more highly. From character experiences to best rides for infants, I had our trip planned out before we even left our driveway.

I feel there are some essential eats out there: churros are an essential part of your Disneyland trip, as you can find them in multiple parts of the parks and they change throughout the season. For Halloween, we had the experience of the Candy Corn churro, a pumpkin churro with cream cheese icing, and the Maleficent churro, which was coated in chocolate cookie crumble and served with marshmallow dip. For Christmas, the offering of a  sour apple churro with caramel sauce has my interest piqued, and a sugar plum churro flavor to finish out the year.

Do an experiment for me, and search the hashtag #disneylandchurro, or even #disneylandfood and tell me what your favorite looks like!

This is me, losing control of the Pumpkin spice churro to the miniature Disneyland foodie. Note to all blog followers: don't share your churro. Buy 2, or eat fast. But don't share -you'll never get it back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney at a Distance

Hello everyone, and welcome to my Blog. One of my favorite things is Disney, and were better to just soak in the Disney experiences than Disneyland. We try to go to Disneyland once a year as a family, sometimes making it more often, but there is always a struggle with being distanced to the parks. Social media allows me to stay in touch with the Disney parks during the periods that I am not planning a trip. I want to blog to explore how to use Social Media in planning Disney trips, experiencing Disneyland, and post-Disneyland (and those Disneyland blues that inevitably come with it) Thanks for reading -AP

Disneyland Pin Trading...at a Distance

One thing I love to do while at Disneyland is Pin Trading! I collect pins, both of favorite characters and parts that are memorable of our trip. There is an aspect of pins, however, that is super social and so much fun -the trading. When you are tired of your pins, or maybe opened a blind bag and got doubles or characters you aren't collecting, you trade them off with other park goers, shopkeepers, even some security officers carry pins for trading! Well, how does social media have an effect in pin trading? Easy: I can connect with people from all over the United States who are also interested in trading pins. During my last trip to the park, I did not find a lot of time to look at trades, and I rekindled a love of one of my favorite movies in Disney's library -Wreck it Ralph. Through Facebook groups and Instagram Hashtags, I have been able to connect with others to help trade my old pins to finish a collection of Ralph pins, or outright purchase ones I've been missing.